My thoughts...or is it yours as well?

Food for thoughts: Is now the right age to get married?

Skipping years of not writing anything here, I want to reintroduce myself. I am now 24, graduated last year in April 2021. I've got a job in the food tech industry, approximately 2 weeks after graduated. Fast forward, it's almost a year since I started working. I haven't been in any relationships before, but yes I've liked someone so dearly and been rejected twice. I believed I had moved on though.

And....my parents have been trying to have this proper conversations with me. With proper conversations I meant...they have been asking me to date and get married, by latest next year. And I...at this moment I dont really know what I should do haha. But I get along with them and said yes, I am doing my very best to search for someone I like. 

But the thing is....is now really the right age for me to get married? I mean, I...I dont event like to lipat kain when I had a rough day at work. I want to fully rest without doing anything after a long day of looking at the computer. I want to cook what I want to eat, I want to go out with friends, I dont even think I am ready for any commitments. I couldnt even keep the streaks on for Snapchats because I HATE committing to something. I dont know if I am up for this another phase. I just think that...I may need some time to live by myself. Which I think might not happen because I know how my parents are.

 But...my love for the things I am passionate about is unmatched. Though my parents arent very supportive of my job now, I keep on doing it because I like it. I meant it would be useless to apply for some corporate or gov jobs that is just not for IT graduates. I know it's good for my future but...? It's my future though? I know I sound so despise but trust me, you would be so as well if you are in my shoes. Imagine learning something for 5 good years only to apply for some admin jobs just because it guarantees my pension days to be comfortable.

I wanna go apply for mega tech companies outside the country I'm residing now but I think that is not possible? With the situation I am in right now...Hu...It's actually very unfair though...my brother said the only way to do so is by getting married and then I can decide it with my husband. But...why? TT I want to experience this alone though. But at the same time, it kinda sounds like the most doable solution. 

I dont know......................................................TT Do I get married anytime soon or not? I'm so tired just thinking of the opportunities I am going to miss just because I dont get married. Also the opportunities I will miss because of this marriage alone. 

em bye,
Y.

Comments

Unknown said…
Fatin, I completely understand and almost can relate to your situation. Im not interested in marriage thou but I do want to have a partner hahahah. At least, I have someone to talk to about my day, is it too much to ask? hahax. I want to get out of this country as well but I coudnt think of any other way other than marrying a foreigner ? or marrying someone who got a job in other country lol. im glad to see your new posting btw and thinking how long we've known each other even though we didnt talked anymore, warms my heart. hope youre well hehe mich u
Unknown said…
oh im "AT" btw hehe

Popular posts from this blog

i wonder if hatred would eat me alive

the road is long, and often it's lonely